CALBHB/C's Governing Board supports legislation and budget items in response to issues reported from CA's 59 local mental/behavioral health boards & commissions, providing written and in-person advocacy at the Capitol. Join with us by writing to your legislators after reviewing "Understanding your Role" (below).
Understanding your Role
Find your Representative (Email Form, Phone or Fax)
AB-1766: Adult Residential Facilities - Data Collection
SB 1259: Adult Residential Facilities (ARF) (Board & Cares) for adults with Serious Mental Illness
Link to Bill Sample Letter
Federal Appropriations and Bills supported by CALBHB/C Leadership Link to Summaries
1. Emergency Appropriation of $38.5 Billion for Mental Health and Addiction Treatment
2. Crisis Stabilization and Community Reentry Act of 2020 (S. 3312)
3. National Suicide Hotline Designation Act of 2020 (H.R. 4194)
Additional State Bills supported by CALBHB/C Leadership - No recent committee activity.
1. Adult Residential Facilities (ARF) (Board & Cares) for adults with Serious Mental Illness
2. Workforce - AB-565 (Maienschein) Public health workforce planning.