Click for Resources, News, Training and more...
Duties of Local Board & Commission Members:
Welfare & Institution Code 5604.2(a) The local mental health board shall do all of the following:
- Review and evaluate the community's mental health needs,services, facilities, and special problems.
- Review any county agreements entered into pursuant to Section 5650.
- Advise the governing body and the local mental health director as to any aspect of the local mental health program.
- Review and approve the procedures used to ensure citizen and professional involvement at all stages of the planning process.
- Submit an annual report to the governing body on the needs and performance of the county's mental health system.
- Review and make recommendations on applicants for the appointment of a local director of mental health services. The board shall be included in the selection process prior to the vote of the governing body.
- Review and comment on the county's performance outcome data and communicate its findings to the California Mental Health Planning Council.
- Nothing in this part shall be construed to limit the ability of the governing body to transfer additional duties or authority to a mental health board.
(b) It is the intent of the Legislature that, as part of its duties pursuant to subdivision (a), the board shall assess the impact of the realignment of services from the state to the county, on services delivered to clients and on the local community.